The Local Exchange Trading Scheme for the Leighton
The values that underpin our organisation are:
- A belief that everyone has something to offer, young, old, employed, unemployed, etc.
- A belief that small is beautiful and that by keeping the scheme local, trust between members can flourish
- Concern for the environment
- By trading without money, we put people before profit
- A desire to build a community spirit through helping each other out
- We are a democratic organisation that encourages everyone to participate